Hey, all. We've got another release update for you today. Builds 3.8.3 - 3.9 are focused primarily on product enhancements, but there are a few new features as well. And the best part is, nothing in this release requires a package update!!
- Agent Ringing in Ear for Queues
- Support for Uniform Characters in Campaign Names
- Support for Large Reports in SFDC Lightning
- Skip Recycle Time When Using Preserve Report Order (PRO)
- Recycle Time of "0" Added to Account Level Settings
- Agent Status Summary Bar: "Misc" Updated to "Other"
- "Behind the Scenes" Updates
New Features - Bright and Shiny Back to Top
Of course, everyone is excited about improvements and bug fixes, but they're just not as sexy as new features ... so let's start with those.
Call on Events Back to Top
Remember when we added the ability to call on Tasks? Pretty cool, right? Well, now you can call on Events in the same way and the calls will log against the parent record. You might be thinking, "okay, great, but what's the difference between Tasks and Events?". Well, they are both Activities, but Events are scheduled for a specific date/time (think Meetings and scheduled Conference Calls). Calling on those scheduled activities will now work just like Tasks with the Event ID called on listed in the Comments of the new Task:
Dynamic Lead Distribution Back to Top
Web-to-Lead is something many of you may already be familiar with/may even be using. The existing functionality is commonly referred to as RTPQ (Real-Time Priority Queue). The RTPQ takes your leads that come in via web form and presents those leads to the next available rep in between their existing Campaign records to be called. This results in a very quick "speed-to-lead" time. However, there are a few limitations to RTPQ. First, it requires that there are agents calling through Campaigns. If no agents are actively calling through Campaigns, the lead will still sit without being presented to an agent. In addition, the routing options are somewhat limited with RTPQ in that it will just be presented to the next available agent via a Campaign.
So, while RTPQ works great for the majority of use cases, there are some scenarios where a bit more configuration would be nice. For instance, the ability to specify that if there is a record owner listed and available, to present that offer to that person. Or, to specify a skill group required (via an Agent Group) who should take a particular type of call and to prefer those agents when presenting the offer. And for those type of scenarios, we introduce to you, Dynamic Lead Distribution. Said another way, intelligent routing for incoming lead records.
In addition to the optional configuration which allows you to specific who should get which leads when, the agents no longer need to be part of a Campaign to receive the offer. In fact, coming shortly, they will not even need to be connected to Leg A - they'll just need to be listed as Inbound Ready! If this sounds like something you'd like to take advantage of, reach out to our Customer Success team to find out more!
Asynchronous Call Logging Back to Top
Although this new feature is nearly entirely behind the scenes, it's a big enough deal to let everyone know because of the impact it will have. Prior to Build 3.9, all Task updates as a result of Dispositions took place synchronously, in-line with the agent physically clicking the button in Salesforce. And while this was nice for continuity, there are some drawbacks - primarily in the time it takes to process that request. The new method takes those Task updates and queues them up in the background. While that might not seem like a big deal, the time delta is quite large in terms of speeding up the interface and allowing the agent to move on after clicking "Interested." This also makes the process much more seamless if there are Task updates which need to be processed later for any reason. Aside from snappier button-clicks, your agents won't notice a difference - but trust us - "it's (h)UUUGGGEEE" as Trump would say!
Full Lightning Support Back to Top
And finally, we're happy to report that we now fully support Denali for use on Salesforce in Lightning mode! There's a few things to keep in mind with a migration from Classic to Lightning, so we recommend setting up some time with our Customer Success team to review the migration and get the updated package.
Product Enhancements Back to Top
Everyone likes updates! These existing features now work better than ever, thanks to the enhancements from our dev team.
Agent Ringing in Ear for Queues Back to Top
If you're using the Inbound Queues tab of the Inbound DID page, you'll want to know about this update. Previously, ringing in the Agent's ear would only work for specific DIDs and needed to be set for each individual DID. With this update, you can now set that option at the Queue level:
Support for Unicode Characters in Campaign Names Back to Top
You know that annoying issue where someone puts a non-standard character in a Campaign name and then the Campaigns tab in DS Management won't load? Well that's now resolved in Release 3.9. All Unicode characters are now supported, so feel free to add smart quotes, ampersands and exclamation points to your heart's content!
Support for Large Reports in SFDC Lightning Back to Top
Due to Salesforce API limits, reports with greater than 2,000 records would run pull records in batches rather than a complete list of all matching records on the report. While there were no issues more often than not, occasionally pulling records in batches would cause an unexpected record to pop up on Campaigns. We've made some adjustments to the way we request the data from Salesforce and have taken care of processing large reports.
Skip Recycle Time When Using Preserve Report Order (PRO) Back to Top
When using Preserve Report Order (PRO) on a Campaign with a small number of records, if those records were skipped and no Skip Recycle Time was set at the Campaign level, they would pop right back up again because there was no Recycle Time applied to them. This update allows for Recycle Time to be applied to those records from the Account level setting if there is no Recycle Time applied at the Campaign level.
Recycle Time of "0" Added to Account Level Settings Back to Top
While we're on the subject of Recycle Time, we've added the option to set a Skip Recycle Time of "0" hours at the Account level.
Agent Status Summary Bar: "Misc" Updated to "Other" Back to Top
For those of your who began to use the Agent Status summary bar, you may have noticed that there was a category for "Misc." This was not completely clear and has been updated to "Other." This Other category contains all non-standard statuses that do not have a large enough amount to be shown separately (e.g., Ringing, Inbound Locked, Monitoring, Whispering).
"Behind the Scenes" Updates Back to Top
There are a number of other updates and fixes we've put in place in Builds 3.8.3 - 3.9. Although most of you likely won't notice a difference, we'll list them here in case you've seen something acting up in the past or have any questions:
- Owner ID in Custom Object: For the Enterprise Package, we've added the Owner ID to the Custom Object for better tracking and logging when Task updates have to be sent to the retry worker.
- Inbound Reject Updates All Tabs: Rejecting an Inbound Call on your active SFDC tab will now update all other active SFDC tabs to match your status.
- Task Update Race Condition: Adjusted the way certain Task updates were performed to ensure Recording IDs remained associated with Tasks when the order of updates did not align with DS SOPs.
- Updated Parsing of Recording IDs: In certain cases, the parsing of Recording IDs resulted in the IDs dropping off of their associated Tasks. This issue has been resolved.
- Enhanced Handling of Expired SFDC Sessions: For the Enterprise Package, the DialSource Session is written at the beginning of the call. If the agent's SFDC Session is expired at that time, the DS session is not logged properly on call initiation. In that case, we will use the API User to write the DS Session.
- Deleting Campaigns in Denali for Dynamics: Prior to build 3.8.3, there were occasionally issues with deleting Campaigns in DfD. This issue has been resolved.
- Updated Handling of API Calls to Invalid Objects: If your organization uses an API for RTPQ or Advanced RTPQ, it is possible to send invalid requests to SFDC and DS. We've updated the error handling process to return more specific messages via the API in the case of an invalid Object ID.
- Please Disposition Previous Call: This feature has been rolled back for some additional enhancements and development. We'll put it back in shortly (no specific timeframe yet) once it's working the way we'd like.
Summary Back to Top
Again, no package update is required for any features or enhancements in the package. However, now is a great time to update to package 1.94 for SFDC and 1.10 for DfD. To do so, just Submit a Request and let us know you'd like to update your Denali package.
If you're planning to move to Lightning, reach out to our Customer Success team and they'll get you started down the path.
O, if you’re currently on Classic (V2) and are ready to upgrade to Denali, please Submit a Request and we'll get you in touch with a member of our Customer Success team to discuss the transition.
Finally, don't forget that we still need your help! We've already got over 100 excellent Feature Requests, but not very many votes or comments ... To engage with our product roadmap and help influence the direction of the product, all you have to do is visit the Feature Request section to add a post. If there's already one there for your suggestion, feel free to add a comment, but most importantly, don't forget to vote (even on your own posts)!!