For those of you who are considering migrating to the new Salesforce Lightning platform, we have good news: Migrating Denali to Lightning as part of your Salesforce Lightning migration is easy as 1, 2, 3!
- CTI Softphone: During the process of building the new Lightning applications your team will be using, just include the Open CTI Softphone as a component. You can add the softphone to an app you were already planning to build, or you build a separate Denali app so long as it contains all the tabs your users will need.
- Call Centers: Once the application is complete and the users are otherwise ready to move to Lightning, you'll need to migrate the users from their current Call Center to the corresponding Lightning Call Center. For more information about Call Centers, check out our Call Center Guide.
- You're Done: Did we say 3? Well, use your free time to check out our quick tips below!
- Since users can only be in one Call Center at a time, they can't switch back and forth between Classic and Lightning during the course of a workday. Once a user has been migrated to Lightning, they will need to stay in Lightning in order to use Denali.
- Similar to end users, the API User will need to be in the correct Call Center that corresponds to whether that account is set to use Classic or has migrated to Lightning, since the API User runs reports in Salesforce in order to refresh Campaigns, and the reports are run differently in Classic than in Lightning.
- Not all users need to be migrated at the same time. You can migrate them in groups, moving each group to the appropriate Lightning Call Center when ready.